Kayak rental at KAYAKOMAT Söderköping
Rent kayaks in central Söderköping and explore Göta Canal and the calmer river Storån from a new perspective. Kayaking with friends or family is a beautiful experience and a fun activity in Söderköping, suitable for any outdoor lovers or kayak beginners. Majestic lush trees will frame the canal when cruising along Storån , out to Slätbaken. On the way back, it is a great alternative to return through the more busy and famous Göta Canal, leading all the way back to your starting point in Söderköping. Kayaking is a great alternative to exploring Söderköping and Göta Canal by bike or hiking. Start in Storån and follow the river towards the Baltic Sea, with a stop in Mem, or even all the way out to Stegeborg. In Stegeborg you can enjoy a dinner at the famous harbor restaurant, and see the historic ruin of the old castle that defended the intake to Söderköping in the medieval times!
Local tips in Söderköping:
- Launch your kayak in Storån, right across the park Brunnsparken. You will find a good launching spot a little bit to the left of the bridge. From here, you can paddle out to where the canal meets the sea and back again, or return through Göta Canal instead.
- You can also start your day in Göta Canal. Take the gravel path and go to whatever direction best suits your day.
- Stop for lunch or dinner in Mem.
- Treat yourself at the classic ice cream café Smultronstället after a day at sea.
Good to know Söderköping:
- Remember that you are not allowed to be inside of the locks with the kayak, you must walk around them.