Self Service Kayak rental at KAYAKOMAT Karlskrona
Rent kayaks on the island Trossö in Karlskrona, along the canal of Stumholmenisland. Enjoy a day out in the World Heritage city of Karlskrona, paddle between the islands in this beautiful archipelago. An archipelago that UNESCO has designated as one of seven biosphere reserves in Sweden. Enjoy historical architecture and beautiful natural scenery along your tour, together with family and friends.
Beginners can comfortably try kayaking while still being close to shore along the canal and the island of Stumholmen. Paddlers with more experience can on a calm day paddle through the marina, under the bridge of Pantarholmen, over to Fisktorget and around the islands of Saltö, Dragsö and Långö.
The possibilities are endless in a city built upon 33 islands!
Through KAYAKOMAT self-service rental in Karlskrona you can easily access kayaks any time of the day, 24/7, at your convenience. Experience Karlskrona from a new perspective!
Local tips for paddling in Karlskrona
- For beginners - paddle around the islands of Stumholmen and Basareholmen (see Stumholmsrundan on the tour map). You can also paddle over the marina.
- A nice 2-3 hours tour for more experienced kayakers - paddle over to the Marina & under the bridge of Pantarholmen and follow Trossörundan on the tour map.
- A really nice longer tour (at least 6 hours of paddling) for experienced paddlers is to paddle along the Karlskrona paddle trail (see Stora Karlskronarundan on the paddle tour map).
- You find all the above paddle trails in the paddle tour map, follow the blue dotted trails with names.
Practical information at KAYAKOMAT Karlskrona
- A bigger parking lot you find at the commercial port (a couple of minutes walk).
- The city bus # 8 has a stop at the commercial port.
- 10-15 min walk from the central train- and bus station.
- IMPORTANT! NOT to enter the no go military zone area (at the south side of Trossö island - see no go area on the paddle tour map here.
- WATCH OUT for the cable ferry of Aspö (between Trossö and Aspö) when you paddle Stumholmsrundan or when paddling to the marina. Please make sure to not be in the way for the ferry. You find the route of this ferry on the map.
- Download the app Ark 56, add paddling in the search field, and you will find more info about the above tours.
Paddling is a fun activity for team building, special occasions or group gatherings. You can easily make a booking for your group online. Get in touch for custom group bookings, we are happy to help!