Self Service Kayak rental at KAYAKOMAT Motala Mallboden
Rent SUP and kayaks in Motala Mallboden! Kayaking is a very enjoyable and fun activity, best enjoyed together with friends and family. Beginners can comfortably try paddling while still being close to shore. The nearby islands offer great opportunities for picnic, camping and swimming in lake Vänern in the middle of Swedish nature. Paddlers with more experience might on a calm day make a longer trip to one of the more distant islands in Kristinehamn archipelago.
Through KAYAKOMAT self-service rental system in Kristinehamn you can easily access kayaks any time of the day at your convenience.
Local tips for paddling in Motala
- Take a short trip on the Göta Canal. From the starting point at Mallboden up to the harbor and Motala city center, it's only two kilometers. There are several cafes, ice cream parlors, pubs, and restaurants to visit here.
- If you want to paddle a bit further, you can continue out onto Lake Vättern, and after another three kilometers of paddling, you'll reach Råssnäsbadet, voted the best beach in Östergötland. Here, there's a 10-meter-high diving tower and a beach with both sandy areas and large grassy areas.
- If you plan to spend the whole day out, we suggest continuing around Råssnäs and Mariebergsudden to Varamonbaden, a 5-kilometer-long sandy beach. Here, you'll find the restaurants Sjövik and Vättershall. This route is approximately 12 kilometers.
Practical information at KAYAKOMAT Motala Mallboden
- If you're coming by car, there is parking next to the KAYAKOMAT.
- Launching takes place just 10 meters from KAYAKOMAT and can be started from both the dock or the shoreline.
- Watch out for larger canal boats and remember that you are not allowed to use the flood gate with a kayak or SUP.
Paddling is a fun activity for team building, special occasions or group gatherings. You can easily make a booking for your group online. Get in touch for custom group bookings, we are happy to help.