Self Service Kayak and SUP rental at KAYAKOMAT Dala-Järna, Ryggåsstugan
Rent SUPs and kayaks in Snöån, Dala-Järna. Enjoy a day out on Storsjön, with beautiful mountains and delightful forests surrounding. Kayaking is a very enjoyable and fun
activity, best enjoyed together with friends and family. Beginners can comfortably try
both SUP paddling and kayaking while still being close to shore in the bay at the jetty next to the KAYAKOMAT. Paddlers with more experience can on a calm day paddle out between the buoys out on more open water on the lake and discover more of it.
Paddle around the lake or up under the bridge to Mellansjön. Visit the beaver on an evening paddle up to Mellansjön.
Kayaking is a great alternative to exploring Snöån by bike or hiking. Through KAYAKOMAT self-service rental at Snöån you can easily access kayaks and SUPs any time of the day at your convenience. Experience Storsjön from a new perspective!
Local tips for paddling in Snöån, Dala-Järna
- Visit Ryggåsstugan, a White guide listed café, across the bay and buy some fika for your paddle. If you pre order they can prepare a nice picnic for you.
- Several islands offer a spot for a break and a stretch for your legs.
- Paddle around the lake and try to imagine a time hundred years from now when workers moved wood on the lake. The easiest way to move wood back when the option would have been horses.
Practical information at KAYAKOMAT Dala-Järna, Ryggårdsstugan
- If you want to leave the bay, be careful and keep between the buoys and look out for rocks just under the surface. Paddle slow through this part.
- Parking is available at Ryggåsstugan or close to the shack at the KAYAKOMAT.
- At the café Ryggåsstugan toilet is available round-the-clock.
- The easiest place to enter the kayak or SUP is at the little beach next to the jetty. Try to step in and out a couple of times if you are a beginner.
- Be aware that the Snöån area is famous to be stony, the lake no exception. Be careful and keep an eye out to avoid rocks. The water level is regulated by the dam so it may vary.
Paddling is a fun activity for team building, special occasions or group gatherings. You can easily make a booking for your group online. Get in touch for custom group bookings, we are happy to help.