Self Service Kayak rental at KAYAKOMAT at Skanörs harbour
Rent kayaks at Skanörs harbor. Enjoy a day out on the sea around the idyllic Falsterbo peninsula, with beautiful white sandy beaches, turquoise water, rich animal life and many nature reserves close to the sea. Kayaking is a very enjoyable and fun activity, best enjoyed together with friends and family. Beginners can comfortably try kayaking while still being close to shore. Paddlers with more experience can on a calm day paddle along the nice Falsterbo beach to Falsterbo lighthouse and maybe see a few seals on the way there. If you are an experienced paddler you can paddle north from Skanör harbor and south of Norre reveln och from there east to Höllviken and back. Kayaking is a great alternative to exploring the Falsterbo peninsula by bike or hiking. With KAYAKOMAT self-service rental in Skanörs harbor you can easily access kayaks any time of the day at your convenience. Experience Falsterbo peninsula from a new perspective!
Local tips for paddling around Skanör and Falsterbo
- Enjoy the restaurants in Skanörs harbour; Lindas Fingermat, JPs, Fiskhuset, Bryggan or Badhytten. Don’t miss the secret beach at the most western point of the pier at Skanörs harbour
- Buy snacks/lunch and make beach cutting along the chalky white beaches that surround Skanörs harbor
- Paddle south from Skanör to Falsterbo lighthouse and with some luck get the opportunity to see harbor seals and gray seals
- Paddle north from Skanör and then east, south of Norra Reveln. You will then paddle east around the beautiful Knösen area and maybe take a swim at the sandbank ”Haken”. (Half day)
- Paddle the same route as above but continue along the coast to Ljunghusen/Falsterbokanalen and stop for lunch at Bar Porto or Märtas by the Sea. (Full day)
Practical information at KAYAKOMAT Skanörs harbour
- 10 minutes walk from the buss stop ”Skanörs centrum” to Skanörs harbour. ”Skåneleden 20/21” (hiking) and ”Sydkustleden” (bike) pass Skanörs harbour
- Parking and public bathrooms are available at Skanörs harbour
- Launching of the kayak shall for all take place at the beach 75 meters from the KAYAKOMAT. Only very experienced paddlers are allowed to launch the kayak on the south side of ”The slip” and take the shortest way out and in of the harbour (abuse is fined)
- Always update yourself on the weather forecast, wind strength and direction before starting paddling and always stay close to the beach. Beginners 1-6 m/s, Average paddler < 10 m/s, very experienced paddler < 12 m/s, Avoid paddling > 12 m/s
- Respect the trespassing ban (both on land and water) on the nature reserves at Falsterbo peninsula. Read more at Länsstyrelsen Skåne
Paddling is a fun activity for team building, special occasions or group gatherings. You can easily make a booking for your group online. Get in touch for custom group bookings, we are happy to help.