Kayak and SUP rental at KAYAKOMAT Lysekil Norra Hamn
Rent SUP and kayak in Lysekil, Norra Hamnen. Kayaking and SUPing with friends and family around Lysekil is sometimes a peaceful experience, sometimes an adventure - but always a fun activity. It all depends on the wind strength, wind direction, boat traffic and your own experience of sea kayaking. There are also quieter areas with less traffic and without having to cross a fairway.
For beginners, it's easy to try SUP or kayaking in Norra Hamnen, out to Skeppsholmen and along the promenade while staying close to land. If you are unsure of your ability, we recommend you first join a guided kayak tour , where you will learn about both Lysekil and how to handle the kayak.
If you are more experienced in the kayak, you can go around the Stångenäs peninsula towards Södra Hamnen, but watch out for the boat traffic when you round Stångehuvud, because there the kayaks may have to go along the edge of the fairway for a short distance to keep a safe distance from land. This means that you will have to keep an eye on all boats and wait for the right moment to pass.
Renting a kayak and SUP in Lysekil is convenient, cheap and flexible with the self service concept KAYAKOMAT. Take the opportunity to enjoy early mornings and late afternoons when the sea is often very calm.
Local tips for your paddling in Lysekil
- Always use a canopy (located in the kayak). Fasten it high above your waist and make sure it closes tightly around the cockpit.
- Our tandem kayaks are a better option than single kayaks for inexperienced paddlers, as they are more stable and handle waves from the side better.
- If you are an inexperienced paddler with children, we recommend joining one of our guided tours.
Practical information at KAYAKOMAT Lysekil
- You find us opposite Färgbolaget, 30 meters to our floating dock.
- Park (Easy Park app) at Drottninggatan 8 or Verkstadsgatan 6.
- The major inland waterway between Gothenburg-Oslo passes through here, and some planning is required to cross fairways and to get around Stångehuvud in sea breeze and heavy traffic.