Prepare by taking a look at our safety tips and tutorials. Find your nearest KAYAKOMAT here.
General safety regulations
Paddle at your own risk!
ALWAYS WEAR A LIFE JACKET!
If any paddler in your group weighs less than 35 kg or more than 100 kg, they must supply their own life jacket. Check the weather beforehand. Don't paddle beyond your skill level in high waves, inclement weather etc.
Make sure to always adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- Don't paddle alone
- Stay close to the shore
- Wear clothing appropriate to the conditions = DRY SUIT
- Do not drink (alcohol) or do drugs and paddle
- Do not paddle after dark
- Do not exceed the weight capacity of the kayak
- Practice self-rescue and re-boarding before going out
- Stay out of motorboat paths